I had so much fun over the weekend revisiting this goldfish pattern. By playing with different circle sizes I made some new, bigger eyes and a pair of fat fish lips! I also sewed him from fleece so he's squishy and soft, but I kept the shimmery organza tail.
This fish was the first pattern I self-published back in March of 2010. It used to live on the sidebar of my blog, and it's always been free. When I created a pattern shop on Craftsy last year I moved him over there and that's where you can find him now.
I get a lot of emails asking for this pattern's new whereabouts. Here's why I moved him:
- I love Craftsy for many reasons, but one of them is the instant download feature. When you add a pattern to your cart and checkout you get access to that pattern instantly. And if you should accidentally delete it from you inbox you can log back into Craftsy at any time and download it again as many times as you'd like.
- I know that buying something for the first time on a new platform can be kinda daunting. Will it be easy to navigate? Is it secure?
- So I put this little fish over there and, if you haven't checked out Craftsy and aren't sure if you'll like it, you can download this pattern for free to see what you think!
While you're there, I really encourage you to take a free video class. I've taken several and they are really impressive. If you aren't sure you're excited about online learning this is an opportunity to experiment at no cost. I'm pretty convinced that the future of craft publishing lies in high-qaulity video instruction. Take a peek if you haven't already. I'd be curious to know what you think.
- Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z with Steffani Lincecum
- Bag Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch with Kristin Link of Sew,Mama,Sew!
And come join the 100+ students in my Humpty Dumpty workshop. Learn to make a toy with tabbed button joints! We are having a great time.
Like this post? Sign up for my free newsletter for the latest in pattern news, handmade business help, and softie sewing tips: sign me up!